Thursday, January 28, 2010

Headed to Educon!

I'm so excited to be headed to Educon tomorrow morning! There's supposed to be snow, yikes!

As usual, I'll be live blogging everything I can. I have a feeling there will be a lot less sitting and listening than is typical at conferences, so I'm not sure how the live blogs will work out. Still, I'll give it a try. Especially since there might be some people who are snowed in and more likely to come by to check it out than one might expect on a January weekend!

I don't have my whole schedule worked out quite yet (actually I don't have it worked out at all). I'll post it here as I get it worked out. I'll post my notes from the school day visit to SLA in a separate blog entry.

This post will contain the live blog of the opening session. Here are the details for that:

Join us at the Franklin Institute from 6-8pm on Friday, January 29th, 2010 to see a group of societal visionaries speak about their ideas on intelligence in a panel discussion.

Introductions for the evening will be made by Dr. Dennis Wint, CEO of The Franklin Institute and the panel will be moderated by Dr. Frederic Bertley, Vice President of the Center for Innovation and Science Learning at The Franklin Institute
Panelists Include:

* Loren Brichter - CEO of atebits Software and developer of Tweetie Twitter software.
* Prof. Martha Farah - Director, Center for Neuroscience & Society and Center for Cognitive Neuroscience, University of Pennsylvania
* Happy Fernandez — President of the Moore College of Art
* Prof. Eddie Glaude - William S. Tod Professor of Religion and African American Studies. Chair, Center for African American Studies, Princeton University.
* David Shenk - Author of The Genius in All of Us, Data Smog and The End of Patience (and others)

Please, please feel free to drop in questions on any of the live blogs--these will be interactive presentations and there's a good chance I'll be able to ask your question.

No comments:

Followers